10 reasons to join Green Chip (repost)
We really need a FAQ on this. I just posted this a couple of weeks ago, but since someone is asking again, here is my answer again:
Ten best reasons to join Green Chip (with apologies to David Letterman):
10. A near total absence of trolls, wackos, and psychopaths whose sole intent is to disrupt the site.
9. The archives - these alone are worth a year's membership. There is information here than cannot be found anywhere else.
8. Post of the Month - The best post of each month (chosen by Stanford with input from members) receives $100, plus the post is placed in the archives. That's two year's membership, plus your own tiny claim to fame.
7. A sense of comraderie not found on the free pages.
6. Green Chip members are usually polite toward each other, even in disagreement. (This is not applicable to the non-gambling page.)
5. Green Chip parties - A chance to meet other green chippers in person and socialize. While membership in Green Chip does not guarantee that you will be permitted to attend the parties, it is the first step.
4. More specialized discussion - note that there are pages devoted exclusively to theory, card counting, and cover and comps, among other areas.
3. You cannot lose - Green chip has a 10 free trial period for new members.
2. We aren't talking a fortune here - less than $4.09 per month. If that represents a significant cash outlay for you, you probably shouldn't be anywhere near a casino. For that matter, how did you manage to afford a computer?
1. The biggest reason to join Green Chip: Parker's entertaining and enlightening trip reports are posted only on Green Chip pages. (Okay, so I'm a little biased on this one. The other 9 are still excellent reasons.)