19 years old Brooklyn posted asking about pro bj counters. I suggested the truth can't come out easily. Here were my thoughs:
1. Many inefficiencies exist in a not very competitive industry like the casino industry. If you are capable of recognizing loopholes, not limited to only on blackjack card counting, you may still make a (good) living making money in casinos.
2. Although I can't speak for American casino playing conditions, because I play mostly non-America areas, I believe there is more competition amongst American casinos and that there are likely also more professional gamblers in the USA, which diminishes the opportunity of finding and exploiting casino inefficiencies. In other words, there are fewer pieces of rewarding free cheese out there per mouse as there are many more mice out there that are very capable of sniffing out the good stuff in the States.
3. Many people on forum such as this disclose and or claim to be making good money from advantage play publicly, some for the purpose of showing off or pure and simply to lie about same, for reasons that I do not understand. Additionally, there is this nuisance known as the IRS...(for example, http://www.walletpop.com/blog/2009/08/27/is-the-taxman-facebook-stalking-you/? )... So the real income of the pro advantage playing industry can't be disclosed. Not many people know an Australian team made $35,000,000 USD several years in not too distant past, for example. My team made over $1 million USD from a Baccarat loophole this year as well. There was also a young (35 years old now) ex-policeman who made over $5,000,000 USD from advantage plays during the past 5 years from a starting bankroll of $5,500 USD... Not surprisingly, none of these windfalls came from American casinos.
4. Granted, small samples of successful advantage players are obviously misleading for young newbies. These people, including myself, may have been very lucky falling and riding on the positive fat tail side of the bell curve but hard work and extensive studies are necessary to get oneself in a position to be ready to find and exploit such profitable opportunities. Having a strong heart, head and will are also necessary qualities to take on the inevitable big fluctuations which can be quite frightening. For example, The ex-policeman had several $200,000 USD one day swings.
5. Good opportunities may exist at remote locations abroad the United States which means a difficult knowing also a bigger bankroll is needed covering travel foreign expenses which is a disadvantage for new comers.