Changing casino conditions
With a downturn in the economy, there are fewer people in casinos. I believe all of the following has been observed as a result:
1) Fewer tables are open, meaning that the average number of players per table hasn't changed much.
2) Table minimums are reduced.
3) Casinos have sent out better offers in the mail.
4) Ploppies are less inclined to tip, and dealers are more likely to toke hustle.
5) Casinos sweat their bottom line more, and are more likely to take counter-measures if they suspect someone is an AP.
6) It becomes more difficult for an AP to blend in, making it easier for them to get identified by the casino.
Unfortunately, with only a few exceptions, I'm not able to add "Offer games with better rules" to the above list.