I have read a few books on BJ (Professional BJ, BJ secrets, Blackbelt in BJ, KO BJ, The World's Greatest BJ book, Burning the tables in LV) and I am currently working on BJ theory. I would need advice on good books for further enlightment.
Just to give you an idea of what I like:
- I found books like Blackbelt or Professional BJ good to understand counting and casino world (wondering if it would be worth reading Basic Blackjack?),
- I found books like Blackjack Secret or Burning the Tables in Las Vegas most useful, with their many tips on casino behavior (wondering what would be the benefit of reading the older book by Andersen, Turning The Tables?),
- I am using Zen, but do not mind reading books about other systems (like K-O), it is always good for general background, especially if the book contains other valuable information (like K-O),
- I did not like The World's Greatest BJ book as much as others, because part of it is outdated and it is confusing for a newbie to read too much conflicting information,
- And I found The Theory of BJ a bit too technical (the beginning I have read so far at least).
I am considering learning more about cheating dealers too. Stanford Wong in Blackjack secrets recommends a book (Gambling Protection Series) and a video (Dealing with Cheats). Not sure if this is still up to date though. Anybody can give a feedback or recommend other titles?
Thanks for your wise advices,