New to PBA?
Strategy Analyzer Module
The Strategy Analyzer rapidly computes the optimal playing strategy for a given set
of rules. Because the strategy calculation uses combinatorial analysis rather than direct
simulation, most strategies can be generated in just a few seconds, with excellent
accuracy. If counting indices are supplied, then the Strategy Analyzer can be used to
generate complete counting strategies, for systems based either on the running or true
The Strategy Analyzer in PBA, based on that first appearing in Stanford
Wong's Blackjack Count Analyzer, has been significantly expanded to become
a true research tool. A complete set of Blackjack Reports are generated each time the Analyzer
is run, containing the expected profit for every possible player hand versus every
dealer up-card. If a counting system is active, these expectations are generated for
every specified count as well, and can be quickly viewed in
Don't know which counts are important given a paricular set of rules? The Analyzer in
PBA calculates how likely a count is to occur, and provides a warning if the counting
range is not large enough. Don't know which strategy modifications are important? The
Analyzer provides a list of the twenty most important modifications to a given strategy.
Strategy Analyzer (Screen Shot, 33KB)
- Generate basic strategies.
- Generate a basic strategy for any set of rules.
- Determine the advantage of each player hand versus every dealer up card.
- Determine the probability of a given player hand occurring.
- Generate count strategies.
- Strategies can be based on either running or true count systems.
- Determine the advantage of each player hand versus every dealer up card, as a function of count.
- Determine the distribution of counts at specified depths of cards dealt, or as an average.
- Plot expectation versus count for a given player hand versus dealer up card.
- View, print, or save expectation and probability tables with Blackjack Reports.
- View the top twenty most significant count indices, as a function of any counting system, supported rule set, and depth of cards dealt.
- Enter custom count indices in the Strategy Editor.